Opening Keynote Address
14:30 - 14:40 hrs
Session 1: Accelerating investment in Renewable Electricity Technology and Infrastructure
14:40 - 15:45 hrs
This session will focus on measures undertaken by governments and the private sector to enhance renewable electricity uptake and integration, against the backdrop of a global economy affected by Covid-19 pandemic. Speakers will discuss policy approaches, investments required in infrastructure and technology, and the role of the private sector in promoting a renewables revolution post-COVID-19.
- How can governments continue to promote the uptake of renewable energy against low oil prices and in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic?
- What are the investments needed in infrastructure and technology to accelerate and enhance the integration of renewables into the power system?
- How can countries work together more effectively on promoting investments on renewable grid integration?
Session 2: Developing Resilient and Flexible Power Systems
15:45 - 16:50 hrs
This session will discuss the critical role of enhancing resiliency and flexibility in our power systems against physical disruptions, supply shocks and digital threats. Panellists will share experiences and discuss measures to ensure stability of supply while increasing the use of clean energy sources, and the role of digitalisation in the future of smart and clean energy systems.
- How do we ensure our electricity grids remain resilient and flexible?
- What are some of the lessons learnt from managing the impact of COVID-19 on the energy systems, i.e. supply disruptions?
- What is the role of digitalisation in creating a resilient and flexible power system?