Is the world still on track to get on a 1.5°C pathway? In this third episode of SIEWCast, host Rachel Kelly engages Francesco La Camera, Director-General of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in a conversation on how IRENA plays an important role in supporting countries transiting to a sustainable energy future.
In this episode, we discuss…
- IRENA’s vision for Asia’s energy landscape in 2050.
- IRENA’s role in supporting low carbon energy transition for Asia.
- The race against time and other challenges to achieve a green economy.
- Developing a green and fair energy system for the future.
- The main driving force to achieve a resilient and sustainable energy future.
02:15 | Projected for ASEAN to cover two-thirds of energy demand with renewables.
03:16 | IRENA’s role in promoting renewables worldwide.
06:10 | Importance of having the right policies in place to attract investments.
07:33 | G20 international cooperation essential for a successful transition to a just and sustainable green system.
09:23 | Green hydrogen as the potential energy transition gamechanger.
10:25 | Important to accelerate using renewables and green hydrogen to drive a resilient and sustainable energy future.
Francesco La Camera Bio
IRENA’s role in energy transformation [03:16]
IRENA’s Renewables Outlook for ASEAN [02:15]
IRENA’s role in hydrogen development [09:23]
World Energy Transitions Outlook 2022 [10:25]
You can download a copy of the transcript of this episode here.
- Sign up for the SIEW newsletter to get notified about future SIEWCast episodes straight to your inbox.
- Register your interest for the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) 2023, taking place on 23-27 October.
This SIEWCast episode is brought to you by Singapore International Energy Week and Money FM 89.3, in partnership with ExxonMobil