The Singapore Energy Summit facilitates high-level dialogue between Ministers, industry CEOs and leaders of international organisations where they discuss global trends in the energy world. Held on the opening day of SIEW to kickstart the week, the Summit is one of SIEW’s anchor events and is well attended by leaders in the industry.
Advancing the Energy Transition
With a heightened global momentum to tackle climate change, the energy transition presents the foremost urgent challenge for all countries. While low carbon energy sources are rapidly gaining ground, structural, policy and financing challenges remain. As countries recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, we will need to continue to balance the trade-offs between our ambition to pursue a green recovery with energy security, reliability and affordability.
In Asia, where we expect to see a growth in energy demand, more effort will be needed to reset the balance between economic growth and energy sustainability. There is an increasing need for international collaboration to achieve the clean energy transition such as through regional grids and partnerships in research and development. How can countries in the region advance towards a low carbon energy future with increased electrification, digitalisation and innovative technologies? How can government and industries work together to create business opportunities and green jobs, support infrastructure investment, enhance energy resilience while ensuring a just and inclusive energy future for all?
Join us at SIEW 2021 as stakeholders work together to create innovative pathways for a global energy transition.
Session 1: Reset – Advancing the Low Carbon Energy Transition
As Asia recovers from the pandemic and rebuilds its economy, the region has a unique opportunity to reset its efforts in advancing the low carbon energy transition.
This panel will explore Asia’s role in advancing the energy transition, and how global energy players and countries can work together to galvanise our efforts towards sustainability.
- What is the role of Asia in the transition towards a low carbon energy future?
- What are the opportunities available as Asia accelerates the transition?
- What are the frameworks that need to be in place to accelerate the decarbonisation of the energy sector?
Session 2: Restructure - Pursuing Green Growth
Low carbon technologies are gaining ground across Asia, from electrification to renewable energy. To support a more sustainable energy future, we must also accelerate efforts towards greener economy and pursue green growth.
This panel will discuss how the economy can be restructured to be greener to accelerate growth and job creation.
- What would the green economy mean for the future of energy in a low carbon world and sustainability?
- How do we catalyse the creation of business opportunities and jobs in a green economy while ensuring its inclusivity and a sustainable energy future for all?
- What are some of the ways in which we can accelerate the greening of industries, cities, buildings and transport in the region?
- What is the role of private sector in driving green growth?
Session 3: Reinvent – Innovation and Future of Energy
Innovation is central to the energy transition, from integrating renewable sources into our energy system, low carbon technologies and new business models.
This session explores the drivers for innovation across the energy sector, and how this can facilitate the low carbon energy transition.
- What are some ways we can harness digitalisation to optimise our energy system and mitigate climate change?
- What low carbon innovations are going to be major game changers?
- How can we accelerate nascent technologies to commercial viability?