SIEW 2021 GLOBAL LAUNCH - 28 APRIL 2021
Over 1000 onsite delegates and online attendees participated in the SIEW 2021 Global Launch on 28 April. With the theme "Advancing the Energy Transition", SIEW 2021 will put the spotlight on the growing momentum for a sustainable energy future and emerging opportunities for green growth.
In his Opening Remarks, Mr Richard Lim, Chairman of the Energy Market Authority, highlighted the importance of technology innovation, green energy adoption and lifestyle changes for building a sustainable energy future.
Key highlights of the event include:
- Special Message by Ms Gauri Singh, Deputy Director General of International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)): Highlighting the possible pathways for meeting global climate goals and how countries can reap significant social economic benefits when energy transition is at the heart of their COVID-19 recovery response.
- Presentation of IRENA’s World Energy Transition Outlook: Mr Dolf Gielen, Director of Innovation and Technology Centre, IRENA, shared takeaways from the World Energy Transitions Outlook: 1.5°C Pathway report, and the energy transition pathways for different countries in Southeast Asia.
- Panel discussion on promoting low carbon energy in Asia: Guest speakers from Envision Digital, IRENA and UK Climate Change & Energy Network debated on the challenges and opportunities of energy transformation, and the need to scale up energy transition efforts through mobilising capital for green investment.
- Presentation of Shell’s Energy Transition Scenarios: Mr Jeremy Bentham, Vice President of Global Business Environment and Head of Shell Scenarios, Shell, outlined three energy transformation scenarios to help energy stakeholders explore ways forward and make informed decisions in times of uncertainty.
- Panel discussion on the role of private sector in pursuing green growth: Speakers from DBS, Shell and Sembcorp Industries exchanged views on how policy developments can impact investor confidence and pave the way for more affordable financing conditions for energy transition.
Watch the webinar on-demand:
Click to view the Global Launch recording
Download the presentation slides: