SIEW TechTable Sponsor
EDF Group is a world leading electricity company. Our raison d’être is to build a net zero energy future with electricity and innovative solutions and services to help save the planet, drive wellbeing and economic development.
As an integrated group that operates across the entire electricity value chain, from upstream to downstream activities:
- We are active in the deregulated sectors (generation, trading, sales & marketing, energy services) and in the regulated sectors (transmission, distribution, island energy systems).
- We have developed skills in engineering in all power generation modes (nuclear, hydro, renewables thermal, biomass, geothermal, etc.).
- We provide energy services in order to make the best use of energy.
Together, this range of activities has enabled us to build unique experience and expertise in the field of electricity.
Wherever our Group operates, we want to invent a new energy model to address the climate crisis: lower-carbon, more efficient, less of an impact on the environment and on people. Our key figures : 38.5 Million customers; 167,157 employees; €84.5 billion sales; EDF is #1 in low-carbon growth as 91 % of its electricity production does not emit CO2
Rooted in Europe, EDF is an international group and present worldwide in 30 countries:
- No. 1 electricity provider in France and UK, No. 2 in Italy and Belgium and present in many other European countries.
- In North America, active in energy trading and renewables.
- In China, where 30 years of cooperation have made EDF a preferred partner.
- In South-East Asia, involved in two turnkey projects: a combined cycle gas turbine plant in Vietnam (MECO) and a hydroelectric scheme in Laos (Nam Theun 2).
- Also present in Africa and South America.
EDF is aiming at speeding up innovation for the cities of tomorrow - for instance with innovations in energy efficiency in buildings, in new low carbon uses of energy, smart grids, renewable energy, electric mobility and batteries.
In Singapore, EDF R&D has launched its EDF Lab in 2014 to develop and explore solutions to help decision makers and developers achieve their vision of smart and sustainable cities. Working with the Singaporean government (HDB) and local universities (NUS, NTU, SUTD, SIT, ESSEC), EDF Lab Singapore is rooting a strong expertise adapted to the Singaporean and South East Asian context for Smart Cities and Smart Grids.