The unprecedented global health crisis will significantly impact how we shape our low carbon energy future. While emissions may have fallen sharply due to global lockdowns, it is likely only temporary. Therefore, we must urgently decarbonise the way we produce, distribute and consume energy. At the same time, we need to ensure energy security, resilience, market stability and flexibility. Against this backdrop, the panel will discuss how we can collaboratively transition to our low carbon future.
- What will the energy transition look like for Asia?
- How do we ensure energy security and resilience as we move to a low carbon energy system? How about market stability and flexibility?
- What is the role of regional grids and interconnectivity in the low carbon energy transition?
- What are the challenges and opportunities as we transform our energy systems towards a low carbon energy future?
- How can governments, industry and the public come together to create our low carbon energy future?