Power systems of the future must be flexible, relying on dispatchable renewable energy, storage and enhanced transmission. To enable this transition to a more sustainable energy future, it is necessary for the grid to evolve, not only to manage flexible and variable power sources but to cope with the increased load brought about by greater electrification.
Future of the Grid is Singapore’s foremost grid-focussed event, and the official Grid event of SIEW 2021. On October 29, leaders from across the global T&D value chain will gather to examine the impending challenges faced by our grid system and the technologies, policies, strategies and investment that will enable it to embrace disruption and support the drive to a sustainable future.
Programme highlights include:
- Singapore’s future grid strategy
- Global electrification trends
- Creating an electrified economy
- Infrastructure challenges in integrating greater EV use on the grid
- Vehicle to Grid challenges and opportunities
- Engaging the customer
Portfolio Director - Asia